Dean’s Student Travel GrantsApplication Deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm
UNM’s Fine Arts Dean’s Office is pleased to announce the availability of travel grants to select Fine Arts students.
Do you want to travel outside of New Mexico, or even outside the U.S.A. to elevate your learning? The Dean’s Office wants to help you! Now Accepting Travel Grant Applications!
Application Deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Launched in 2013, the Fine Arts Dean’s Travel Grant Award program has been able to send over 200 students to study and perform around the globe. What these students bring back to our College, campus, and community is priceless. Awarded to UNM Fine Arts majors wanting to participate in a learning experience, course, competition, festival, workshop, conference or other educational programs outside of New Mexico. This grant has a cap of $1,000. You must be a UNM Fine Arts major currently registered at the University of New Mexico.
Your application must include the following:
- Your name and contact information (also include your major and year of study)
- Description of travel (what, where, why, when, etc.)
- Itemized budget
- Portfolio 10 minutes max of: music, video and/or performance (via a website, links to a playlist or video, etc.) or maximum 10 images (pdf or jpg) If you do not have an artistic portfolio, you may submit an academic paper, lesson plan, report or other demonstration of your talents, abilities, analysis, etc. as a UNM Fine Arts student.
For your portfolio, if you do not have content online or an electronic way to share files, you may drop off a Thumb drive, CD or DVD to the UNM Fine Arts Dean’s Office.
Please clearly label all of your materials with: YOUR NAME & UNM Fine Arts DEAN’S TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION 2020
- If you have received a UNM Fine Arts Dean’s Travel Grant Award before, you must let us know and include it in your report
- Letter of recommendation. You must obtain one letter of recommendation from a UNM faculty member. The UNM faculty member must send this recommendation independently of your application directly to A.J. via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your application to our Dean’s Assistant, A.J. Carian: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: YOUR NAME UNM FINE ARTS DEAN’S TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION
For more information, please contact A.J. at (505) 277-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Art Associate Professor Meggan Gould has won a George A. and Eliza Gardner Howard Foundation Fellowship
Department of Art Associate Professor Meggan Gould has won a George A. and Eliza Gardner Howard Foundation Fellowship to support work on a new photographic project, entitled: Photography After Photography: A Reckoning. The Howard Foundation awarded 9 fellowships of...
By Anna Dykeman The University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management has partnered with the UNM Film & Digital Arts Department to provide a new MBA track focused on film and digital arts beginning in August 2022. The MBA for Professionals program, which also...
Jared Tso (Diné), who teaches ceramics and makes pottery from the road, is a rising star in the world of Indigenous pottery. During my pottery classes at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, I admired Jared Tso’s pottery—with its beautiful curvature and...