Dean’s Student Travel GrantsApplication Deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020 at 5:00 pm
UNM’s Fine Arts Dean’s Office is pleased to announce the availability of travel grants to select Fine Arts students.
Do you want to travel outside of New Mexico, or even outside the U.S.A. to elevate your learning? The Dean’s Office wants to help you! Now Accepting Travel Grant Applications!
Application Deadline is Friday, January 31, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Launched in 2013, the Fine Arts Dean’s Travel Grant Award program has been able to send over 200 students to study and perform around the globe. What these students bring back to our College, campus, and community is priceless. Awarded to UNM Fine Arts majors wanting to participate in a learning experience, course, competition, festival, workshop, conference or other educational programs outside of New Mexico. This grant has a cap of $1,000. You must be a UNM Fine Arts major currently registered at the University of New Mexico.
Your application must include the following:
- Your name and contact information (also include your major and year of study)
- Description of travel (what, where, why, when, etc.)
- Itemized budget
- Portfolio 10 minutes max of: music, video and/or performance (via a website, links to a playlist or video, etc.) or maximum 10 images (pdf or jpg) If you do not have an artistic portfolio, you may submit an academic paper, lesson plan, report or other demonstration of your talents, abilities, analysis, etc. as a UNM Fine Arts student.
For your portfolio, if you do not have content online or an electronic way to share files, you may drop off a Thumb drive, CD or DVD to the UNM Fine Arts Dean’s Office.
Please clearly label all of your materials with: YOUR NAME & UNM Fine Arts DEAN’S TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION 2020
- If you have received a UNM Fine Arts Dean’s Travel Grant Award before, you must let us know and include it in your report
- Letter of recommendation. You must obtain one letter of recommendation from a UNM faculty member. The UNM faculty member must send this recommendation independently of your application directly to A.J. via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email your application to our Dean’s Assistant, A.J. Carian: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: YOUR NAME UNM FINE ARTS DEAN’S TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION
For more information, please contact A.J. at (505) 277-2112 or firstname.lastname@example.org
26mayAll Day01augFeaturedCatch and Release: Recent Prints from Tamarind’s Collaborative WorkshopExhibition in the Gallery May 26 - Aug 1, 2020Tamarind Institute, 2500 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106
We are excited to announce that we will be adding three outstanding new faculty members, two to our Instrumental Music Education program, and a new Orchestra Director in the fall. George Nicholson, a Ph.D. candidate at Teachers College at Columbia University, will be...
Alumnus Ingela Onstad doing some incredible work during this time of COVID. Ingela Onstad, who completed her M.M. In Voice Performance (2014) and her M.A. in Mental Health Counseling (2017) from UNM, recently launched a new business called Courageous Artistry. Through...
Dr. Olga Perez Flora Cuban-American mezzo-soprano, Olga Perez Flora, has been lauded by Opera News for her “smoky tones” and “firm, pleasant voice, and lively poise.” Flora has performed with opera companies and symphonies both across the country and internationally....